1. What does "MR" mean?
- The term "MR" is a type of grade which stands for "Moisture Resistant" which can describe either plywood or block board.
- It is mostaly suitable for use in the interior for making office and home furniture.
- It can resist humidity and moistire but that does not indicate that it is water resistant or water proof.
2. What is “Marine” Plywood or “BWP” Grade?
- “Marine” Plywood & “BWP” (Boiling Water Proof) Grade both comes under the same category of Government Regulation ISI: 710. Hence both the terms have the same meaning for Plywood and Block Board which is suitable for wet and humid conditions.
- It is mostly used in those areas which are directly in contact with water like ships, boats and construction of docks.
- It can be also used in exteriors of houses and offices or those interiors where furniture comes directly in contact with water.
- Marine Plywood is strong and durable and can resist invasion by fungus and microbes
3. What is “Gurjan”?
- Gurjan material is extracted from Gurjan trees.
- It is known for its great strength, durability and its toughness.
- Gurjan is used in Premium Range of Garnet ply products which is very superior in quality and is also priced on a higher side than other.
4. What is “Calibration”?
- Calibration is a process done in a machine to make the plywood or block board at equal thickness at all 4 corners of the product. It removes the unwanted extra thickness so that the consumer gets the thickness he/she requires.
- It gives the plywood extra smooth finish.
- Such calibrated products of Garnet are highly suitable for Veneer or Mica Lamination, Fabrication or Paneling purposes.
5. What is “Double Hot Press” Technology?
- Manufacturing of plywood is a step wise process.
- In Double Hot Press Technology, after initial assembly of core veneers, they are pressed with HOT PRESS for first time and then cut and calibrated. After which the calibrated panel is glued and laminated with red colour “Gurjan” face veneer for second hot press.
- This Double Hot Press Technology reinforces the glue giving the plywood superior strength, bonding, toughness and durability.
6. What is “Triple Hot Press” Technology?
- Triple Hot Press Technology is applied only for Teak Products.
- The core veneers are first Hot pressed after initial assembly, then cutting, calibration and gluing is done followed by second Hot Press to laminate Red Gurjan Face. In the end, third Hot Press is applied for lamination of decorative veneer or teak veneer on it.
- Pressing 3 times in a row or the Triple Press gives the Teak or any decorative plywood extra strength and longer life.
7. How is 7 layer Block Board better than others?
- The 7 layer Block Board is made from 4 layers of core veneers with a filler in the center which counts as one layer. The panel is than laminated with two red Gurjan face veneers on both sides of the board making all seven layers bonded together with high quality glue.
- The 7 layer Block Board is far more stable, stronger and durable than others making it suitable for balanced construction.
7 Layer Flush Door (BWP)
The core of Solitaire is unyielding as it is rock-hard. But its exterior is pleasing to melt one's heart. This quality of a true Solitaire transforms it into aSamurai - sharp and smooth. Styled in this way are Garnet Flush Doors - Strong as well as elegant.
Made by using high quality veneers with superior framing and paneling techniques, Garnet Flush Doors are a class apart. Ensuring security and great impression, they are perfect for all needs. Conforming to IS: 2202, they are available in a vast range of sizes and standard thicknesses.
Designed to match distinct tastes and imaginations, Garnet Flush Doors magnify the exquisiteness of interiors and other places where they are installed.
Size and Thickness